FAQs about Pool Service & Pool Maintenance
General frequently asked questions that we come across from Perth residents, regarding swimming pool service Perth and swimming pool maintenance Perth. If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, be sure to give Danny a call.
We require the following details:
- Your Full Name and Company Name if the bill is to be sent to a business address.
- The Job Address and Postal address (if different to Job Address).
- Your Phone Numbers (Home, Work, Mobile).
- All Occupiers Details (If you are not the Occupier of the Property) Including Points 1 & 3.
The customer or the authorised person is responsible for the payment to Dannys Pool Services. If the customer is not the authorised person for this account, authority from the Owner is required (Agent with an Order Number).
We offer regular and casual rates
- Both Charges are for a maximum of 3/4 Hour on site. Thereafter the rate becomes the Hourly Rate divisible by 4 i.e. if I am there 1:25 hours, then Rate * 1.5
- The rates are for the primary Metro area (1/2 Hour From Base and Back) and not on the fringes. Traveling Time and call rates will apply to areas outside of the 1/2 hour metro area.
- Casual Charges apply on all first calls. If we decide that regular calls are required, the new rate will apply providing that the booked date is no longer than 4 weeks (28 days) from the date of the previous call.
- If the pool is green, the casual charge applies for all visits until the final clean.
The customer or the authorised person is responsible for the payment to Dannys Pool Services. If the customer is not the authorised person for this account, authority from the Owner is required (Agent with an Order Number).Have a faulty installation you need sorted?
How do you treat Green Pool?
If the pool is green & you cannot see the bottom, it is likely that 3 – 4 visits will be required (Please note this is an estimate, additional visits could be required)
General Steps for Green Pools (Note: All steps based on the average green pool, all steps may not be required. Steps are relying on the pool reacting as expected)
- Treat the pool - Chlorine, Algaecide and floc. Leaf rake & Brush. Advise customer on neccessary pool equipment and replacements of old equipment.
- Usually if the floc has worked Vacuum pool to waste. This will usually take at least 1.5 hrs.
- Usually if stages 1 and 2 have worked, tweak the clean up & process any equipment discussed in visit 1. Balance pool water. Often this call is between 1-1.5 hrs.
Why do my globes keep blowing?
Halogen Globes generally blow quickly due to 2 main reasons:
- Turning on the light “Does it work” then turning it off too quickly
- Water getting into to the light housing causing the electrics to short out & blow the globe. Most light technology connects the power cable through the back of the light – this is a common weak point.
What pool lights do you use?
The lights that we recommend and supply connect to the outside of the light and are then sealed with lanolin to avoid water issues. We offer this range of lights in both Halogen & L.E.D. The Installation/Conversion and Parts are the same in all our lights.
If the Light Cable is damaged beyond repair, new cable will have to be laid. Pricing can be negotiated on site.
- GKH – Halogen: Can fit to a 12, 24, 32v Transformer – Just select the correct globe for your situation.
- GK – L.E.D: Can fit to a 12, 24, 32v Transformer – Comes in a range of colour options. Head over to our Pool Lighting page for more details.
Halogen VS L.E.D Lights
What is the difference between Halogen and L.E.D Lights?
- Halogen Globes are expected to last up to 2,000 hours but often shorter for various reasons.
- L.E.D. Ceramic light engine is expected to last up to 20,000 hours.
- Halogen lights can cost up to $100.00 per year where GK L.E.D lights will output more light than 100w halogen globe while using 90% LESS energy.
GKH Light Installation/Conversion and Parts.
GKRX Light (Single) Installation/Conversion and Parts.
GKRX Light (Multi) Installation/Conversion and Parts.
GKX Light (12 Volt only) Installation/Conversion and Parts.
If a new transformer is required, a 12 Volt 25va Transformer will operate 1 L.E.D light. If multiple lights needs to be operated, please call or email to discuss further transformer options.
A FM Remote and Receiver allows remote operation of all your lighting (Halogen and L.E.D). For pricing and options, please contact Dannys Pools on 0415 924 550Have a faulty installation you need sorted?